Friday, June 25, 2010

Nearly Half through 2010...

...and I've totally missed this release:
CocoRosie - Lemonade


Always pretty original.  Always very recommended, but only to those that can tolerate their eccentricity.  Grey Oceans is pretty nifty.  Nearly all tracks are on youtube, so I'd check it out there and see what you think.  I really enjoy how they just do their thing, no holding back, just making their music and keeping their genuine and positive vibe.

And as predicted, Sleighbells sold out.  According to something I may or may not have read on Ilxor.com, they sold out the Rock and Roll Hotel in 2 days of the tix going on sale.  It's kinda predictable...but sad.  I guess I can wait until next year for a festival.  I wonder if "mother indie" is being kind...or is this truly, a man-made indie disaster.

Keeping it on a re-cap of the year so far, I'd have to say some of my heavy rotation currently from 2010 are, in format Artist - Album:

Anais Mitchell - Hadestown
Beach House - Teen Dream
Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
Vampire Weekend - Contra

and of course

Sleigh Bells - Treats



But there have been a lot of fantastic releases so far that either I don't know about...or I haven't listened to on heavy rotation, or I just haven't gotten around to it (like I'm pretty excited about Golden Filter).

What do you recommend so far from this year?  ...so I stop missing things...Like the Klaxon's new joint...this pic just CRACKS me UP!  And yes...I frequent i can has cheezburger a little more than any sane person should!

No comments:

Post a Comment