Monday, June 28, 2010

A Festival I May Go To This Year and Not Spend $1000

SHAME ON ME!

I'm a terrible Baltimorean music lover...

I did just get a record player from True Vine in Hampden.  When I first went there a week ago, I was disheartened to see that the storefront it once occupied was empty...but Oh! it moved!  But it lost Ian Nagoski...but still has a part of Leprechaun Catering.

But I totally forgot to keep in touch with Wham City...the fine purveyors of Floristree...the place that gave birth to the first time I saw Beach House & Dan Deacon...and many more less known acts like Nautical Almanac, Prurient, Sun City Girls and Double Leopards.

Yes, it's been about 4 years since I've been to a show there...

And they're having this amazing festival called WhartScape in about 3 weeks.  (July 22-25)

All I gotta say is that a line up including (so many good Vidyas!):
Lighning Bolt

Xiu Xiu

Health

Wye Oak

Dan Deacon

and No Age


Along with tons of local acts and other artists...I would highly recommend going...that is if you have time and money...I'm hoping to get a little of both for something...

Of course Sleigh Bells sold out that same weekend at both their Baltimore & DC locations :P

Well...if I can't make this...gotta try to get to High Zero 2010!

Anybody going?

No comments:

Post a Comment