Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Draggin Fire

A good example of the "drag" aesthetic.  Work done by Fiji Moonstone
Just showing off my latest chill gift.  Fiji's a forum friend of mine who is offering her artistic vision up for grabs to those that want to genuinely participate.  My signs are the California Speckled cat,  the Hop (looks like the Mount Hood, smooth-cone variety), and the seal of ALALALABAAAL in the upper right corner...which is suspiciously similar to that of a gated diode.

These are the vision quests she creates from the elements that come to us mortals, beyond the pale veil of life.  Definitely has a California bend to it...cause that's where I got inspired when I saw a cat hunting ground squirrels in the heat of the afternoon, in the shade of a pine tree line, through the chaparral.  I knew then, that the cat was successful and it's family will be fed, and then it can chill and nap for a day...and everything is right...poor ground squirrel though.  Beer is my magic potion and circuits are the arcane mysteries that allow my career to progress, as we engineer better things, that require electrical power.

Here's a song in memoriam of the squirrel, the California chaparral, the redwoods and the amazing beer at the Russian River brewery...can't wait to go back!

"Shine On You Crazy White Cap" by Teen Daze

No comments:

Post a Comment